COVID-19 Facilities update
- Created on Friday, 11 December 2020 13:35
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you, for your ongoing support and feedback relating to the COVID-19 restrictions. The Executive Committee have implemented a plan to accommodate residents who wish to access these facilities, whilst ensuring that all COVID -19 policies are adhered to. With restrictions now easing in some areas, we are pleased to announce that life in the Grove is returning to somewhat normal.
From Saturday the 12th of December, facilities will be open to residents and their guests. Bookings to private rooms will be open as of Monday14th December on the Grovelife web portal.
Bookings for the Magnolia and Michelia Pools are no longer required. However, please remember that we do have to monitor numbers. Although these numbers have increased, should areas be reaching capacity, staff will use the first in best dressed approach.
Private internal rooms bookings for the Magnolia and Country Clubs are restricted to 25 people, with the Michelia Club having the larger the internal private room, is limited to 40. This is line with the governments current restrictions as stated below:
Community Centres and Halls
Maximum capacity summary
Capacity must not exceed one customer per 2 square metres of publicly accessible space. The density limit does not apply if there are 25 customers or less at the premises.
Children count towards the capacity limit.
Keeping the communities safety in mind, please note that all internal rooms used, will need to be cleaned thoroughly by the resident, failure to comply with this could result in a $200 cleaning fee.
We are extremely excited to announce that our Australia Day event can now take place. Details around this fantastic day will be communicated in the coming weeks.
It has been a tough year for all, and we are really looking forward to coming together as a community in the new year.
Please also remember that children under 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult when attending the facilities.
Please familiarise yourself with the FAQ’s on the website, and pre COVID rules and regulations will still be place.
The QR code MUST be used to ensure accurate contact tracing requirements are followed. Residents are reminded that it is a finable offence to both the Community Association and the individual residents. It is extremely important that all residents and their guests sign in using the QR code system, to the facility upon arrival. QR codes are located at all entry points.
- Opening times as follows will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
Magnolia Club Pool : 9am – 7pm Monday – Sunday
Magnolia Club external facilities - 9am - 9pm - Monday – Sunday
Magnolia Alfresco Room – by booking only - 9am - 9pm - Monday – Sunday
Michelia Club Pool : 9am – 7pm Monday – Sunday
Michelia Club external facilities - 9am -9pm - Monday – Sunday
Michelia All’Aperto Room – by booking only - 9am -9pm - Monday – Sunday
Michelia Gym - 9am – 9pm Monday – Sunday - Bookings are still required using Grovelife
Harrington Grove Country Club: 8.30am – 9pm (no change)
Harrington Grove Country Club Community Room – by booking only – 9am – 9pm – Monday - Sunday
Harrington Grove Country Club Gym: 5am – 9pm - Monday to Friday – Saturday and Sunday - 6.30am - 9pm – Bookings are still required using Grovelife
Harrington Grove Country Club Pool: 5.30am – 7pm - Monday – Sunday
By signing in and attending the facilities you agree to the following, be aware you may be asked to leave for not complying.
- You do not have any illness OR cold/flu symptoms
- You have not come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You must adhere to all social distancing requests
- You will sanitise your hands before entering.
- You have not travelled overseas or come into contact with anyone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days.
- All residents are required to sign in via the QR code when attending the facilities to ensure that contact tracing is accurate and available should the NSW Government require, this information is kept on file for 28 days as required and then disposed of.
- Cleaning will take place regularly throughout the day to all touch areas.
- A ZERO tolerance policy will be strictly followed, any residents seen not adhering to social distancing, booking times or being abusive to staff or contractors will be asked to leave the premises and suspension of use of facilities will apply.
The COVID NSW website is monitored daily and as restrictions change so will the procedures that have been implemented.
The above has been put in place to protect the health of the community and safeguard against potential fines of up to $55,000.00 per club or venue. This has the potential to impact the community budget by $165,000.00 should fines be imposed.
HLS and the Community Association thank you for your understanding and support on this matter.